Thursday, July 9, 2009

Colleges.


So I was on collegeboard, looking up some schools. I need to visit this year, maybe this summer if I find time, so I'm getting down to about half a dozen schools now.
I want a big school, to contrast my under-1,000 people high school, as well as a city school, to get a change from the woods and farms of my hometown.
I'm looking into Boston, New York, Philly, and Providence. I thoroughly enjoy New York, Philly's nice, too, and I've never been to Boston or Providence, but hear good things.
Also, I like the Sox, so that would come in handy in a New England city. I'm smart, and could maybe get into an Ivy, but no way in hell could my family afford it, and, hoping for a free ride,

I'm applying to schools that accept 40-60% of applicants. I'm a psych/sociology major, by the way. My six schools of choice are: BU, Clark, Northeastern, Fordham, Montclair, and St. John's. If anyone has attended these schools, tell me about them.

Are the classes reasonable-sized?
How are the professors?
Are there decent (school) clubs and how easy is it to meet people?
How is the city's venue/discotech scene?
How is financial aide, too, as I will need it?

And that's pretty much what I want to know. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment